Vancouver, BC, Canada — August 23, 2014
CounterPath Corporation (NASDAQ: CPAH) (TSX: CCV), a leading developer of award-winning UC over-the-top (OTT) solutions for desktop, tablet and mobile solutions for operators and enterprises, today announced the availability of the Stretto Platform™, a comprehensive server architecture which supports an enriched user experience for existing and new unified communications OTT deployments for operators and enterprises.
In combination with the Bria product suite, Stretto™ drives productivity improvements, reduces operating costs and improves the end-user experience by tightly coupling Bria clients with a flexible and modular server solution for client provisioning, network convergence, messaging and presence services, while providing real-time performance feedback and trouble-shooting data to the IT team. Stretto builds on CounterPath’s proven CCS and NCG server technology, providing a modular solution with optional add-on services catering to the operator’s or enterprise’s specific requirements.
The Stretto Platform addresses the user experience in five key areas:
End User Provisioning and Support:
- Provisioning Module: Automatically provisions CounterPath clients with over 250 features and settings as specified by IT.
- User Experience Metrics Module: Reports critical data summarizing service quality, device usage, feature usage and other helpful information that can only be provided from a client and server solution.
- Help Desk Module: Enables help-desk staff to access the end-user’s Bria application for trouble shooting and to access log files (end-user must provide permission).
- Push Notification Module: Enables a Power Saver feature that provides near zero battery loss on Android and iOS devices when Bria is running in the background.
- Contact Discovery Module: Enables operators to leverage the user’s address and identify what other address book contacts are using the service.
- Call & Message Continuity Module: Enables a single number to map voice, messaging, text and video services over disparate networks and any device.
- Subscriber Line Proxy Module: Reduces costs of adding additional lines to an existing platform that supports charging for additional devices to be connected to a single subscriber line.
Messaging & Presence Support:
- XMPP Messaging & Presence Module: Provides an XMPP server for messaging and presence services supporting a number of extensions for operator and enterprise deployments.
- SIP/SIMPLE Messaging & Presence Module: Provides a SIP/SIMPLE server for messaging and presence services supporting a number of extensions for operator and enterprise deployments.
- SMS over IP Module: Enables SMS for wireline providers and mobile operators that want to deliver SMS messages to a Bria client.
- Messaging Sync Module: Leveraging Stretto’s Messaging & Presence Modules, the Messaging Sync Module synchronizes messages across Bria desktop, smartphone and tablet clients.
Enterprises are expected to spend over $15 billion on network equipment in 2014, while operators are expected to spend over $80 billion, according to industry analyst Gartner. With its new Stretto Platform and market leading Bria clients, CounterPath is positioned to capitalize upon these enormous opportunities by partnering with market leading equipment vendors to provide market differentiating value to current and future deployments that are not directly competitive to the main suppliers of network infrastructure.
“Internet OTT solutions such as Skype, WhatsApp and Viber have evolved consumer expectations for all communications, both personal and professional,” said Todd Carothers, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Products at CounterPath. “To compete, operators and enterprises need OTT solutions that will not only strengthen customer relationships and reduce customer churn (for operators), and increase employee productivity, ensure data security and reduce operating costs (for enterprises) but also offer the plug-and-play functionality and ease of use that today’s end users demand. When coupled with the Bria client, CounterPath’s new Stretto platform enables enterprises and operators to launch their own OTT services across most UC-based server architectures, including Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, BroadSoft, Cisco, Ericsson, GENBAND, Metaswitch, NEC and others, which not only meet their operational requirements but assure an end-to-end user experience that is of the highest quality.”
CounterPath’s Bria clients are available today for desktop, tablet and mobile. The Stretto Platform will be available in September to all customers through CounterPath direct and indirect sales channels. For more information and to be notified when Stretto is available, visit: https://mrkt-stg.counterpath.com/stretto.
CounterPath’s SIP-based VoIP softphones are changing the face of telecommunications. An industry and user favorite, Bria softphones for desktop and mobile devices, together with the Company’s server applications and Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) solutions, enable service providers, OEMs and enterprises large and small around the globe to offer a seamless and unified communications experience across both fixed and mobile networks. Standards-based, cost-effective and reliable, CounterPath’s award-winning solutions power the voice and video calling, messaging, and presence offerings of customers such as Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T, Avaya, BroadSoft, BT, Cisco Systems, GENBAND, Metaswitch Networks, Mitel, NEC, Network Norway, Rogers and Verizon.
For more information about CounterPath’s Bria softphone applications and provisioning solutions, visit: mrkt-stg.counterpath.com/products.
Marketing & PR
This news release contains “forward-looking statements”. Statements in this news release which are not purely historical, are forward-looking statements and include any statements regarding beliefs, plans, outlook, expectations or intentions regarding the future such as the following: (1) With its new Stretto Platform and market leading Bria clients, CounterPath is positioned to capitalize upon these enormous opportunities by partnering with market leading equipment vendors to provide market differentiating value to current and future deployments that are not directly competitive to the main suppliers of network infrastructure.
It is important to note that actual outcomes and the Company’s actual results could differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ from those projected in any forward-looking statements due to numerous factors. Such factors include, among others: (1) the variability in CounterPath’s sales from reporting period to reporting period due to extended sales cycles as a result of selling CounterPath’s products through channel partners or the length of time of deployment of CounterPath’s products by our customers (2) the Company’s ability to manage its operating expenses, which may adversely affect its financial condition, (3) a decline in the Company’s stock price or insufficient investor interest in the Company’s securities which may impact on the Company’s ability to raise additional financing as required, (4) the Company’s ability to remain competitive as other better financed competitors develop and release competitive products, (5) the impact of intellectual property litigation that could materially and adversely affect our business, (6) the success by the Company of the sales of its current and new products, (7) the impact of technology changes on the Company’s products and on our industry, (8) the failure to develop new and innovative products using the Company’s technologies, (9) the potential dilution to shareholders or overhang on the Company’s share price of its outstanding stock options and warrants. Readers should also refer to the risk disclosures outlined in the Company’s quarterly reports on Form 10-Q or Form 10-Q/A, or in the annual reports on Form 10-K or Form 10-K/A, and the Company’s other disclosure documents filed from time-to-time with the Securities and Exchange Commission at www.sec.gov and the Company’s interim and annual filings and other disclosure documents filed from time-to-time on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.